Tuesday, August 19, 2014

to all of those who ever played a role in my life.

Hey Cuties,

Every year when my birthday comes around, I think to myself who have I been this past year, did I stay true to what I expect of myself? Did I set good examples for those around me? Have I made a positive difference in anyone’s life? Did I do any good this past year, did I grow, and did I learn? I have been reflecting back on the year and answering my own questions. 

I have always been one to hate change. I am not good at it, so when my life forces me to make changes, I have a really hard time and I struggle. When people enter my life, I love it. I love meeting new people and forming new connections with those around me. I love being closer to people and getting to know their hearts and souls. When people leave my life, I can hardly stand it. I have a hard time realizing why that needs to happen, whether it be a friend, or family member, or simply just an acquaintance. Change is inevitable, it is the only thing that I feel like in our lives that is consistent. We are constantly changing, growing, learning, accepting, letting go, realizing, and simply loving. As much as I don’t love change, I love the growth, and the learning. I love to learn new lessons in my life, whether they hurt me, or they help me, there is always growth and learning. So for that I am grateful, for that reason, I will deal with change. 

This year has brought so many hard changes, the hardest changes so far in my life. I have had a harder time accepting why they all needed to happen, and so close together. I am the type of person that if I don’t understand why a situation happened, it won’t make sense to me and I will keep myself up all night thinking of different ways that make sense to me as to why it happened. Just when I will think that I get it, and have understood it, it will change. Friends have been a crucial part of my life this past year. I have lost friends that I never expected to lose, and I have gained friends that I never thought I would. My heart has been tried with dating, and my faith with this gospel has been tried. My trust has been tried with friends, and my mind has been pushed to believe, to understand, to trust, to reason, and to accept. 

I always have known that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church, but this year that took on a whole new meaning to me. I think I finally realized in my way what that truly means to me, and how I want to live my life. I realized that I need to be better, that there is always room to progress and I will never be perfect on this earth, my goal is to simply follow the example that my brother Jesus Christ has set for all of us. To become like him, that is our goal. I finally understand what that means to me, and what I want to do with my life. My one goal is to become like our Savior. I know that things in this life will never go as planned, but that is just it. It will never go according to our plan, because it is not OUR plan, it is His. I am a daughter of a Heavenly King, and he knows what is best for me, and for all of us. My faith has been restored, and my heartaches are healing. I am growing into who I need to be. 

I am given trials, so that I can grow, trials are just blessings in disguise. That is the purpose of my heartaches, I will never be given something that I cannot handle. He will not bring me to a situation if there is not a way provided for me to get through it. I need to utilize the Gospel, and anything that challenges my soul to learn, and to grow. I need to be going to the temple as often as I can, and doing service for everyone around, who is in need. I need to respect myself in such a way that the Lord would be pleased if he were standing beside me. I need to set a better example for those around me, so that they can feel of my light, and the light that shines through me. Everything that I am, I owe to my Heavenly Father. There is much to be grateful for. I have so many thanks to share with you.
I am grateful to my birth mother for her decision to love me enough to let me go. I cannot fathom that kind of love. When I think about it, I simply cry. There is so much love in my heart for her. She went through so much pain, just so that I could be born, so that I could have my life. She truly loved me more than anything else in the world. She believed in me before she even knew me. She loved me before she even saw me. She sacrificed her world and her heart for me. My heart is so grateful to this marvelous woman. She never knew what I would become, but I am sure she hoped for the best. Every year I have thought about my birth parents around my birthday. I have always thought, “Would they be proud of the woman that I am today?” “Would they strive to know me, and truly love and accept who I am?” “Would they be proud of the decisions I have made, and where I am in my life?” I would like to think that they would be, and that they would be happy that my life was given purpose, and meaning. That I grew up to be someone that they would be honored to call theirs. My heart will always have an infinite amount of love for who they are, and the decision that my mother made for me to live. 

I am grateful to my mommy, for every decision she has made has always been in my best interest. She has sacrificed so much for our family, and continues to do so. She is a marvelous woman, a woman of great strength. I am more than proud to call her mine. She has changed my heart, and my life in so many countless ways. My family has been everything to me, especially this past year, we have really grown, and become closer. Let it be known, that Joan Auger is the strongest, bravest, most compassionate person I have ever known. She has given me more than I could have ever asked for. I know that the Lord was definitely looking out for my best interest when he guided us into each other’s lives. I can’t imagine myself with anyone else. Life is hard, and it’s messy, and it’s painful at times, but I wouldn’t ever want to go through it, without my family by my side. I am so grateful to you more and more every day mom, you are truly my best friend, and you always have my back. You have changed my life in a way that I will never be able to repay you for all of the blessings you have brought into my life. I love you. 

I am so grateful to my wonderful friends, who have stayed by my side and through the thick and thin have not moved. You have been my light at the end of the dark tunnel at times. Trusting friends, is hard. Believing that your friends will always be there became extremely hard for me to believe in this past year. I really learned those who have my best interests at heart, and who truly love me. I have been so fortunate to have so many beautiful people in my life, and to share my experiences with them. I don’t think I quite understood the phrase “pick your friends wisely, for they will play a big role in your life.” Until this year. Our friends truly do shape who we are, and who we are to become. If we do not choose wisely and remember that we should always be uplifting one another, it could be a heartbreaking outcome. I have been blessed with the friends I have in my life, and those that have touched my heart in ways that our infinite. 

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father, for always remaining constant. He is my foundation, and my rock, the calmness within in me. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to attend the temple, to feel of His love, and to do service. The Lord has always had my best interest at heart, even when I haven’t been able to see it. He has never moved from my side, he has always been right next to me, and for that I am grateful. I am thankful for the guidance I have had in my life from the sweet spirit. The Holy Ghost, who has provided sweet whisperings to my heart when I have truly been in need. I am so grateful to our Prophet who has been the best example to follow. I am most grateful for my ability to choose and my agency.  I have made mistakes in my life, but I have always been given the opportunity to repent, and change. I am most grateful for my testimony and to be a member of this beautiful Gospel. 

To those who have been disappointed, bare with me. Change is constant, and I will change for the better, and become the best version of myself. Life is hard, and full of mistakes that I will make along the way. There is never room for excuses, but open your heart to change, and to acceptance. Its been a lesson that I know I have learned this year. To know that I have wonderful people in my life who do not judge,and who will stand next to me has been more than I can ask for. I love you all, and you have changed me and my heart.

My year like I said has not been the easiest, but it was filled with more happiness, more heartache, more love, more disappointment, more lessons, more mistakes, more understanding, more acceptance, more freedom, more challenges, more faith, and more miracles than any other year in my life. 

I am blessed. 


Xoxo, Anna 



No comments:

Post a Comment