Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bullying, It Needs to End.

There has been a video circulating around Facebook regarding bullying, I am sure that most of you have seen it by now. Last week I watched it, and it got me thinking of all the different ways that we as brothers and sisters can prevent each other from hurting others. It is as simple as President Uchtdorf put it, STOP IT. 

  • Do you harbor a grudge against someone else?
  • Do you gossip, even when what you say may be true?
  • Do you exclude, push away, or punish others because of something they have done?
  • Do you secretly envy another?
  • Do you wish to cause harm to someone?
"If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to apply the two-word sermon from earlier: stop it!"

There have been many times in my life when I have been just as guilty as anyone in some of these topics, gossiping is something we all do best. Its easy to get caught up in someone elses life, sometimes I think that we are scared to face our own. It is easy to envy others, and think to ourselves, "I want that", or that persons life seems easier than mine. Stop, everyone has their own trials, we all go through different things that are unique to who we are. The Lord tries us all in different ways, because we are ALL different people. I have had many experiences in my life that have helped me to understand just how important it is to always be kind, loving, and accepting of EVERYONE. Just because someone is different than you, will never be a reason to be unkind or not show them love or compassion. For those of you who know me, you know that I am a very sensitive person. Knowing that teenagers are bullied everyday just kills me. It is so hard for me to understand why someone would want to intentionally hurt another person. I will always do my best to stick up for the little guy, I have been that "guy" before. I remember the people that have been there for me, as I am sure you remember those who have been there for you. There is so much more to life than the negativity. Just stop, seriously.

For those of you who have or are being bullied, keep your head up. Always stand for what you know is right and true. Try not to lose yourself in the midst of someone elses opinion. Remember that you are a daughter/son of a king, and he loves you more than you will ever be able to comprehend. There are so many beautiful opportunities in life, make sure to take them. Be positive, let your light shine, so that others who are lost or stumbling, might have a chance to hold on to you. Be the best version of yourself, and love with an unconditional love, just as the Savior does for us. 

For those of you who are bullying or have bullied others, STOP IT. Stop making others feel less than who they truly are for your own amusement. Stop thinking that you have all the control of someone elses life. Stop putting others down, and hurting others just to help yourself to feel better. Usually the reasons that a bully is being a bully are because they have either been treated very poorly or they are mirroring their emotions onto someone else. Its so easy to blame others for our own problems, stop. Take control of your life, learn from your past mistakes and be better. Stop treating others with disrespect, learn to love and accept everyone. 

I encourage you to watch this video, and read this talk, and then to honestly think about how you treat others, and how do you affect their lives, apply these lessons in your daily life. 

xoxo, Anna

video

read it here

No comments:

Post a Comment