Friday, April 1, 2011

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


“It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry - I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us, if we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live... worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
- President Gordon B. Hinckley -


"Even if you cannot always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can, for He is the very source of the light you seek. He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed."
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland - 



"Go to our Heavenly Father in prayer; communicate with Him daily. Draw close to Him, and He will draw close to you. Ask about your studies of the scriptures, about your feelings and your questions, and He will answer. He is waiting, He is real, and He is there. Use the gift of the Holy Ghost. Believe in the power of prayer."
- Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf -



“Testimony will come to you in pieces as parts of the whole truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ are confirmed,” President Eyring said. “For instance, as you read and ponder the Book of Mormon, verses you have read before will appear new to you and bring new ideas. Your testimony will grow in breadth and depth as the Holy Ghost confirms that they are true. Your living testimony will expand as you study, pray, and ponder in the scriptures.”
- President Henry B. Eyring - 



"Be an example of the believers in faith. Actively strengthen your own faith and testimony of Jesus Christ, thus preparing to testify by word and example to your children."
- Mary N. Cook - 



"We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues. Someone has said that “gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others."
- President Thomas S. Monson - 





These are some of my favorite quotes from some of the most inspiring leaders of the church. I have a strong testimony of this gospel and all the knowledge that has come to me from within it. 
I know that my savior lives and that he atoned for my sins, I know that The Book of Mormon is the true word of God. I know that the temple is the house of god, and in being so is incredibly sacred. I am a daughter of god, and he loves me so much and wants the best for me. I know that I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to, with his help I can. I know that Joseph Smith restored this gospel; I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true prophet upon this earth today. I know that if you go to Heavenly Father with a heavy heart, and with a humble prayer that he will show you the path you are meant to be on. I know how important I am in his eyes and his eyes are the only ones I will strive to be perfect in. I will not live of the world, just in the world. I will remember my worth and that it is great in the sight of God. I will always strive to keep the commandments and live worthily to enter his home. I will keep the word of wisdom, the law of chastity, and remain faithful. I will not judge others, for it is not place to judge. I have knowledge and a testimony of the power of the priesthood. I will be prepared to strengthen my home and family. Make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple. I will strive to be the best version of myself and spread the gospel throughout all my life. I say these things in the name of my savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Have a beautiful conference weekend everyone! 
xoxo Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment